Training for Motorcyclists
Motorcyclists are the highest risk groups on the road but they also provide efficient and affordable personal transport for many people in the Cardiff area.
Various resources and training courses exist to enable established riders to improve their skills and to keep themselves safe, or to help fellow motorcyclists who have regrettably had a collision.
Subsidised or free training and resources are available and further information is available via the links on the left hand side.
Training at the Maindy Road Safety Centre
The Maindy Road Safety Centre currently plays host to Bike Safe Cymru and further courses are planned.
We also provide facilities to some of the approved motorcycle trainers below as part of CBT or other similar training for which they use the traffic free road layout that is located within the velodrome cycle track.
Approved Motorcycle Training Organisations in Cardiff
- 1st Class Rider Training — Cardiff Tel: 029 2031 3465 or Mobile 07773 303 654 www.1stclassrider.co.uk
- Cardiff Motorcycle School — Bevans Motorcycles, Hadfield Road, Leckwith, Cardiff, CF11 8AQ Tel. 029 2039 0329
- Celtic Rider Training — 6 Abbey Close, Taffs Well, Cardiff, CF157RS Mobile: 07944 036 896 Phone: 029 2033 7539 www.celticridertraining.co.uk
- South Wales Advanced Motorcyclists — Tel: 0845 2345 567 http://www.s-w-a-m.org.uk/
- United Motorcycle Advanced Training Ltd (UMAT) — 5 Cwrt-y-Parc, Earlswood Road, Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GH. Tel: 029 2074 1124 Fax: 029 2074 1128 Mobile: 07811 591777 9am – 6pm www.umat.co.uk